Wednesday, 18 Feb 2026
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA
logo logo
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
  • šŸ”„
  • Trump
  • House
  • ScienceAlert
  • VIDEO
  • White
  • man
  • Trumps
  • Watch
  • Season
  • Years
Font ResizerAa
American FocusAmerican Focus
Search
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
Follow US
Ā© 2024 americanfocus.online – All Rights Reserved.
American Focus > Blog > World News > NYC transit slasher cut loose by judge, then knifes stranger in deranged subway attack: cops
World News

NYC transit slasher cut loose by judge, then knifes stranger in deranged subway attack: cops

Last updated: October 15, 2025 4:58 am
Share
NYC transit slasher cut loose by judge, then knifes stranger in deranged subway attack: cops
SHARE

A randomly violent slasher assaulted an unsuspecting man outside a subway station in Manhattan and was allegedly free despite a previous knife attack, sparking outrage over the loose grip on justice, said officials – as the victim expressed that he was nearly killed due to an insufficient legal response.

Demitri Marshall, a 32-year-old with a criminal history, was apprehended hours later after he inexplicably slashed the face of a 27-year-old man near the East Broadway subway stop, according to police reports.

This incident marked yet another attack by the unstable repeat offender, who was previously taken into custody for a similar act on a Bronx subway last month but was subsequently released under court supervision.

Demitri Marshall has been arrested seven times before, including a knife attack from August aboard a No. 6 train in the Bronx, according to police records. Obtained by the NY Post

The latest victim, who asked to be identified only by his first name, Fernando, received seven stitches to treat a gash on his face but was furious that the seasoned criminal was allowed to roam free.

“What the city of New York did is wrong,” said Fernando, a painter originally from Ecuador, during a phone interview with The Post in Spanish. “He’s a criminal that the judge let out, and he could’ve killed me. I can’t comprehend why the system grants him freedom.”

Fernando recounted how, after getting off work, he was waiting to cross the street when the assailant attacked him without provocation.

“I didn’t notice him until it was too late; I was just waiting at the corner for the light to change when suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my face. I turned to confront him, but then I saw all the blood flowing from my wound,” he stated.

See also  ā€˜Oh, F**k That S**t!’: John Oliver Absolutely Shreds Megyn Kelly

Marshall has been held without bail in connection to this latest attack. William Miller

“He didn’t say anything. I was in shock and just couldn’t understand why this was happening. Thankfully, he didn’t stab me in the neck; I could’ve easily lost my life,” he reflected.

After the attack, Fernando managed to return to the subway station where he reported the incident to the present officers, who were unable to locate the fleeing suspect.

“I have to be more alert now,” Fernando expressed regarding the sudden escalation of violence. “It saddens me because I didn’t provoke him. I’m terrified to go out; I could’ve been killed in an instant.”

Marshall, who resides in the Bronx, was arrested later that day about half a mile from where the attack occurred and is being charged with first-degree assault, a felony, as reported by police and prosecutors.

Marshall, at age 32, attacked a 27-year-old man for no identifiable reason just after leaving the East Broadway subway station. William Miller

He pleaded not guilty and was subsequently remanded to Rikers Island without bail following an arraignment.

This decision to detain Marshall came just weeks after he was granted supervised release concerning a subway attack in the Bronx, prosecutors indicated.

Enhance your morning with essential updates

Morning Report brings the latest headlines, video content, images, and more.

Thanks for subscribing!

In the previous incident, he reportedly slashed a 21-year-old man’s face for no apparent reason while onboard a No. 6 train at the Zerega Avenue station late at night on August 28, as detailed by law enforcement.

The victim was subsequently taken to Jacobi Medical Center, where he was last reported as stable, according to police.

Marshall slashed Fernando shortly after he emerged from the East Broadway station in the Lower East Side. Obtained by the NY Post

Marshall was arrested on September 15 and faced charges including first-degree attempted assault and multiple counts of assault and weapon possession as outlined in the criminal report.

See also  NYC creep with 13 priors cut loose by judge after alleged sex crime spree targeting teens, women

Judge Ralph L. Wolf approved the supervised release of Marshall, despite the prosecution’s request for a cash bail of $50,000 or a bond of $150,000, as stated by the District Attorney’s Office.

In response to inquiries about the judge’s decision, a spokesman from the Office of Court Administration conveyed that, “The court does not comment on individual bail rulings.”

“What is crucial is that most bail decisions are based on a comprehensive evaluation weighing various factors to assess the defendant’s risk of fleeing prosecution,” stated spokesman Al Baker. “This assessment includes careful consideration of arguments made by both the prosecutor and defense counsel, along with any other information provided to the court.”

Marshall accumulates seven prior arrests leading up to his recent troubling actions. Previously, he was arrested on January 26 for allegedly attacking a 27-year-old stranger on an MTA bus in the Lower East Side.

“Shut your mouth about my sister!” he yelled during that violent encounter, police reported.

Fernando described how he was cornered just after he left the train. Obtained by the NY Post

The outcome of that case remains unclear.

He has also been accused of striking a 33-year-old individual on the head at the Second Avenue platform of the northbound F train back in March; that assault was classified as a hate crime, yet he was released with ā€œnon-monetary conditionsā€ after arraignment, according to online court documentation.

Marshall had previously served just over a year in state prison for a robbery conviction in Manhattan, as per state Corrections records, and was paroled until February of this year.

His criminal record spans back to 2012, including offenses for robbery, burglary, and fare evasion, sources reveal.

See also  Trump Responds To Claim Biden Would've Beat Him

Marshall’s next court date for the latest case is set for October 30.

TAGGED:AttackCopscutderangedJudgeKnifeslooseNYCslasherstrangersubwaytransit
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article The Best Airbnbs in Stockholm Offer Up Scandinavian Tranquility The Best Airbnbs in Stockholm Offer Up Scandinavian Tranquility
Next Article Essential Parent-Teacher Conference Forms for All Ages – The TPT Blog Essential Parent-Teacher Conference Forms for All Ages – The TPT Blog
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular Posts

Palm Springs Film Festival Beauty: Black Women Lead 2026

The 2026 awards season kicked off with a bang as Black women took center stage…

January 5, 2026

Porsche weighs scrapping electric models as costs climb

Porsche, owned by the VW Group, is currently reevaluating its decision to produce electric versions…

February 3, 2026

Beshear, Khanna to headline Dem mayor summit in July

Potential 2028 Democratic Contenders Set to Gather in Cleveland In a move that can only…

May 30, 2025

Kim Kardashian Calls Kylie Jenner’s Ex Travis Scott for ā€˜Family Favors’

The Kardashian-Jenner family is known for their close relationships with their exes, and this holds…

February 3, 2026

Seth Meyers Makes A Cool Case For Why Trump Is So ‘Smitten’ With Mamdani

Trump has never appeared so enthralled before, according to Meyers. He is usually surrounded by…

November 25, 2025

You Might Also Like

Flood-hit residents ask why lake wasn’t opened to sea
World News

Flood-hit residents ask why lake wasn’t opened to sea

February 18, 2026
Phony Publishers Clearing House scam sees 92-year-old man lose small fortune: cops
Crime

Phony Publishers Clearing House scam sees 92-year-old man lose small fortune: cops

February 18, 2026
Grandson of Reese’s inventor accuses Hershey of cutting corners
World News

Grandson of Reese’s inventor accuses Hershey of cutting corners

February 18, 2026
Rescuers Push Through Winter Storm To 6 Survivors Of California Avalanche. 9 Others Are Missing.
World News

Rescuers Push Through Winter Storm To 6 Survivors Of California Avalanche. 9 Others Are Missing.

February 18, 2026
logo logo
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


Explore global affairs, political insights, and linguistic origins. Stay informed with our comprehensive coverage of world news, politics, and Lifestyle.

Top Categories
  • Crime
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • Tech and Science
Usefull Links
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA

Ā© 2024 americanfocus.online –Ā  All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?