Friday, 21 Aug 2026
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA
logo logo
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
  • 🔥
  • Trump
  • House
  • White
  • ScienceAlert
  • VIDEO
  • man
  • Trumps
  • Season
  • star
  • Years
Font ResizerAa
American FocusAmerican Focus
Search
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
Follow US
© 2024 americanfocus.online – All Rights Reserved.
American Focus > Blog > World News > Trump Says Deal Reached To Disarm Hamas, Israeli Support For Plan Remains Uncertain
World News

Trump Says Deal Reached To Disarm Hamas, Israeli Support For Plan Remains Uncertain

Last updated: July 31, 2026 9:15 pm
Share
Trump Says Deal Reached To Disarm Hamas, Israeli Support For Plan Remains Uncertain
SHARE

CAIRO/WASHINGTON, July 30 (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump announced that discussions in Cairo involving mediators and Hamas leaders on Thursday have resulted in a phased disarmament agreement in Gaza. However, a Hamas official referred to the deal as a draft, while U.S. officials noted Israel’s skepticism about the militant Palestinian group relinquishing its weapons.

“Today, the Board of Peace has achieved a HISTORIC agreement for the COMPLETE DISARMAMENT of Hamas and all other armed groups in Gaza,” Trump declared in a social media post, emphasizing that the disarmament would occur in stages. “This is a monumental step toward lasting PEACE and SECURITY.”

According to Trump, the agreement marks a crucial step toward Gaza being managed by a new Palestinian government, which will collaborate closely with the so-called Board of Peace. “Simultaneously, Israel will receive the security it deserves, with Gaza no longer serving as a launching pad for terror attacks,” he stated.

The Israeli embassy in Washington did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Trump’s announcement.

A source from Hamas informed Reuters that the “draft agreement” specifies that heavy weapons would only be stored and managed by a Palestinian administration, and these weapons cannot be transferred to Israel.

“We will not take any action regarding disarmament until Israel withdraws from the Strip,” Ghazi Hamad, a member of the Hamas negotiating team, told Al Jazeera.

A U.S. official on Thursday told reporters that Israel remains “very skeptical that Hamas will disarm.”

“We’re very confident they will adhere to it,” the U.S. official added. “If they don’t, obviously President Trump would be very, very disappointed.”

See also  Northern lights visible across metro Denver, Colorado

Concerns have been raised about the duration of the process. A Board of Peace official estimated a timeline of 200 to 320 days, but a U.S. official downplayed this estimate.

Before Trump’s announcement, an Israeli official, who wished to remain anonymous, stated that Israel had previously rejected a proposal.

“Israel insists on the complete disarmament of Hamas, including the removal of weapons from Gaza and the full demilitarization of the Strip as a prerequisite for any process,” the official said earlier on Thursday.

“The 15-point document in question does not satisfactorily address these demands, and Israel has expressed its objections.”

Earlier, Israeli strikes resulted in the deaths of at least six Palestinians in Gaza, including two children, according to medics.

A Roadmap Towards Hamas Disarmament?

Hamas leaders engaged in discussions with mediators from Egypt, Qatar, and Turkey on the second phase of Trump’s Gaza plan, as outlined by his Board of Peace.

Trump established the board to oversee a plan to conclude Israel’s conflict in Gaza and rebuild the devastated area. He appointed board members with himself as chair and indicated last year that the board would supervise Gaza’s temporary governance.

“Ahead of us is a Gaza rebuilt, governed by Palestinians, and at peace with Israel, offering a political horizon towards a meaningful resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict,” stated Nickolay Mladenov, Trump’s Board of Peace envoy for Gaza, following the president’s post.

Officials involved in the discussions shared limited details about plans to rebuild Gaza.

The plan also includes increased humanitarian aid, governance by a civilian Palestinian administration, the withdrawal of Israeli forces from Gaza, and the deployment of an international force to help maintain security.

See also  Trump Claims Obama's 'Bob' Down the Stairs Was 'Unpresidential'

Handover Of Weapons Could Be Sticking Point

The situation in Gaza remains far from the objectives of the agreement.

Hamas is seeking Israel’s commitment to cease attacks on Gaza and withdraw its forces.

The fate of light or personal weapons remains unclear, as does whether the new stance of Hamas will be accepted by Israel or the Board of Peace.

The plan involves eliminating tunnels, arms stockpiles, and weapons production facilities. A diplomat involved in the talks mentioned that by the end of the process, there would be no remaining militant infrastructure in Gaza.

“This isn’t really a trust deal,” a U.S. official said on Thursday, describing the agreement as a “conditions-based deal.”

The Israeli military continues to expand its occupation of Gaza, with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stating that Israel aims to control 70% of the enclave.

It remains uncertain how many forces would be available for the planned International Stabilization Force, and whether Israeli troops would withdraw from the enclave.

Attacks Continue

Health officials reported that separate Israeli strikes killed at least two children, a woman, and three men in Gaza on Thursday. The Israeli military stated it targeted Hamas militants in the enclave.

The ceasefire in Gaza has been violated repeatedly, with over 1,200 Palestinians, mostly civilians, killed by Israeli attacks, and four Israeli soldiers killed by militants since the truce began in October, according to Gaza health officials and Israeli authorities, respectively.

Hamas does not typically disclose its losses.

TAGGED:dealDisarmHamasIsraeliplanreachedremainssupportTrumpUncertain
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Javier Bardem Apologized to ‘Cape Fear’ Co-Star Before Attack Scene Javier Bardem Apologized to ‘Cape Fear’ Co-Star Before Attack Scene
Next Article Confirm Todd Blanche as Attorney General – The White House Confirm Todd Blanche as Attorney General – The White House

Popular Posts

Court denies Apple’s request to pause ruling on App Store payment fees

A recent ruling by a U.S. court has dealt a blow to tech giant Apple,…

June 6, 2025

MS Dhoni jumps across the fence to meet fans at Arun Jaitley Stadium ahead of CSK vs RR IPL 2025 match [Watch]

Chennai Super Kings (CSK) interim captain MS Dhoni delighted fans at the Arun Jaitley Stadium…

May 19, 2025

Leaving Neverland Director on Sequel About Michael Jackson Allegations

As for the decision to release the second installment on YouTube, Reed explains that he…

March 18, 2025

Anna Wintour’s Met Gala ‘Death List’ of Banned Stars Revealed

Some celebrities have chosen to step back on their own accord. Singer Zayn Malik, 33,…

May 6, 2026

TMZ Sports Streaming Live From Newsroom, Join The Conversation!

Live Commentary on TMZ Sports Engage with Us! Published September 25, 2025 12:43 PM PDT…

September 25, 2025

You Might Also Like

As Natalie Harp Rumors Swirl, MIA Melania Trump Pops Back Up
Politics

As Natalie Harp Rumors Swirl, MIA Melania Trump Pops Back Up

August 21, 2026
Charter plane crash kills 8 near remote radar site in western Alaska, military says : NPR
World News

Charter plane crash kills 8 near remote radar site in western Alaska, military says : NPR

August 21, 2026
High Growth, Low Multiple Support Upside
Economy

High Growth, Low Multiple Support Upside

August 21, 2026
Mike Lindell Willing To Pay Up To  Million To Recount Loss
World News

Mike Lindell Willing To Pay Up To $1 Million To Recount Loss

August 20, 2026
logo logo
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


Explore global affairs, political insights, and linguistic origins. Stay informed with our comprehensive coverage of world news, politics, and Lifestyle.

Top Categories
  • Crime
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • Tech and Science
Usefull Links
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA

© 2024 americanfocus.online –  All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?