Wednesday, 18 Feb 2026
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA
logo logo
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
  • 🔥
  • Trump
  • House
  • ScienceAlert
  • VIDEO
  • White
  • man
  • Trumps
  • Watch
  • Season
  • Years
Font ResizerAa
American FocusAmerican Focus
Search
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
Follow US
© 2024 americanfocus.online – All Rights Reserved.
American Focus > Blog > Health and Wellness > WHO says 31 of 38 Ebola cases in Congo have resulted in deaths
Health and Wellness

WHO says 31 of 38 Ebola cases in Congo have resulted in deaths

Last updated: September 23, 2025 7:53 am
Share
WHO says 31 of 38 Ebola cases in Congo have resulted in deaths
SHARE

LAGOS, Nigeria — In a concerning update, the World Health Organization (WHO) announced on Thursday that the death toll from a recent Ebola outbreak in southern Congo has reached 31 out of 38 confirmed cases. Authorities are currently engaged in a race against time to contain this latest wave of the deadly virus.

The latest statistics revealed a steep increase in the casualty rate, nearly doubling from the previous week’s figure of 16, which indicates that the disease is spreading at an alarming rate. WHO noted that over 900 individuals have been identified as contacts of confirmed cases, heightening the urgency of the situation. In a concerted effort to combat the outbreak, vaccinations commenced in the affected region on Sunday.

Dr. Patrick Otim, an official from WHO Africa’s program, remarked, “Over 500 health care workers and contacts have already received their vaccination, providing them with essential protection against the virus.”

The outbreak was officially declared by Congolese health authorities on September 5 in Bulape, a locality in the Kasai province, located in south-central Congo near the border with Angola.

Last week, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed that the virus had spread from two districts to four, underscoring the need for immediate intervention.

Health authorities are also preparing for the arrival of an additional batch of vaccines, which have received approval from the International Coordinating Group on Vaccine Provision. These are expected to arrive from Friday through Sunday, according to Sheillah Nsasiirwe, Health Emergency Officer for Immunization at WHO Africa.

“The pace of vaccination has not met our expectations due to challenges related to accessibility, which have caused delays in the transportation of vaccines,” Nsasiirwe explained. WHO officials further indicated that they have been able to transport vaccines only in small batches due to insufficient storage infrastructure in Bulape.

See also  The Costly Failures Of Medicine’s Middlemen

— Ope Adetayo

TAGGED:casesCongoDeathsEbolaresulted
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article It’s London Fashion Week! Phil Oh Shoots the Best Dressed Guests at the Spring 2026 Shows It’s London Fashion Week! Phil Oh Shoots the Best Dressed Guests at the Spring 2026 Shows
Next Article D4vd’s eerie unreleased ‘Celeste’ song surfaces as cops search home where he stayed before Celeste Rivas Hernandez’s decomposing body found in his Tesla D4vd’s eerie unreleased ‘Celeste’ song surfaces as cops search home where he stayed before Celeste Rivas Hernandez’s decomposing body found in his Tesla
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular Posts

All the Stars at Gucci’s Intimate London Soirée Toasting Jannik Sinner

Gucci Celebrates Tennis Star Jannik Sinner Ahead of Wimbledon at London’s Claridge’s As Wimbledon approaches,…

June 27, 2025

Why hasn’t Trump deleted government climate adaptation plans?

The federal government has a hidden treasure trove of climate adaptation plans buried deep within…

May 2, 2025

Aitana Bonmati exclusive: Barcelona’s Ballon d’Or winner tells it like it is

Aitana Bonmati's rise to prominence in the world of women's football has been nothing short…

September 21, 2024

House approval of digital financial disclosures would impact USPS mail

A recent capital markets reform bill passed by the House aims to streamline the delivery…

December 13, 2025

Donald Trump made big gains with Black voters in 2024. Can Republicans hold them in the midterms?

Republicans Urged Not to Overlook Black Voter Gains Post-Trump In the aftermath of Donald Trump's…

September 21, 2025

You Might Also Like

Roundup lawsuit, AI oncology, Moderna: Morning Rounds
Health and Wellness

Roundup lawsuit, AI oncology, Moderna: Morning Rounds

February 18, 2026
AI-powered cancer tools to guide treatment are emerging
Health and Wellness

AI-powered cancer tools to guide treatment are emerging

February 18, 2026
Bayer agrees to .25B proposed settlement over Roundup cancer lawsuits
Health and Wellness

Bayer agrees to $7.25B proposed settlement over Roundup cancer lawsuits

February 17, 2026
RFK Jr., intermittent fasting, Medicare: Morning Rounds
Health and Wellness

RFK Jr., intermittent fasting, Medicare: Morning Rounds

February 17, 2026
logo logo
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


Explore global affairs, political insights, and linguistic origins. Stay informed with our comprehensive coverage of world news, politics, and Lifestyle.

Top Categories
  • Crime
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • Tech and Science
Usefull Links
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA

© 2024 americanfocus.online –  All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?