Tuesday, 18 Aug 2026
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA
logo logo
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
  • 🔥
  • Trump
  • House
  • White
  • ScienceAlert
  • VIDEO
  • man
  • Trumps
  • Season
  • star
  • Years
Font ResizerAa
American FocusAmerican Focus
Search
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
Follow US
© 2024 americanfocus.online – All Rights Reserved.
American Focus > Blog > Entertainment > Erika Kirk Skips Appearance With JD Vance After Threats
Entertainment

Erika Kirk Skips Appearance With JD Vance After Threats

Last updated: April 15, 2026 12:55 am
Share
Erika Kirk Skips Appearance With JD Vance After Threats
SHARE

Erika Kirk canceled her participation in a Turning Point USA event with Vice President JD Vance due to reported security concerns.

Erika, 37, was set to lead the political organization’s event at the University of Georgia alongside Vance, 41, on Tuesday, April 14. However, she announced her decision to withdraw via X that same evening.

“I was eagerly anticipating tonight’s event … but considering what my family has endured, I take my security team’s advice very seriously,” she posted on the social media platform. “Thank you to our wonderful Georgia chapter for your support. God bless you all!”

Following the September 2025 assassination of her husband and co-founder Charlie Kirk, Erika became the chairwoman and CEO of Turning Point USA. She was replaced at the event by Andrew Kolvet.

Related: Erika Kirk Breaks Down in Tears During President Trump’s State of the Union

Erika Kirk was visibly emotional as she was honored by President Donald Trump during his State of the Union address. Charlie Kirk’s widow, 37, attended the event at the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, February 24, to witness Trump’s speech in person. “So last year, Charlie was violently murdered by an assassin and […]

“I’m here on stage instead of our friend Erika Kirk because unfortunately, she has faced some very serious threats, which is terrible,” Kolvet stated at the event. “It’s a troubling reflection on the current state of affairs in our country.”

Us Weekly has reached out to Erika’s team for a statement.

GettyImages-2250859114-Erika.jpg

Erika Kirk
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

Kolvet, representing Turning Point USA, also discussed Erika’s withdrawal with the vice president, who shared Kolvet’s concerns.

“First of all, I care deeply for Erika. I am aware she received threats. Just two hours ago, Andrew, I was concerned we might have to cancel the event because Erika decided not to attend, and she was very worried,” Vance said, according to Fox 5 Atlanta, which reported that the Vice President had consulted with the Secret Service prior to the event.

Vance continued, “I said, ‘Let’s allow Erika to do what she needs for herself and her family.’ Those claiming Erika wasn’t mourning her husband are completely wrong. If you feel the need to criticize a young mother for grieving in a way you disagree with, perhaps you should focus on your own matters.”


Thank You!

You have successfully subscribed.

GettyImages-2252438478-JD.jpg

JD Vance
Caylo Seals/Getty Images

Erika, who has a daughter born in 2022 and a son born in 2024 with the late Charlie, is committed to continuing her husband’s legacy after his death. (Charlie was fatally shot while speaking at Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah, on September 10, 2025, at the age of 31.)

“Charlie understood that evil triumphs when good people remain silent,” the widow declared at the November 2025 Fox Nation’s Patriot Awards. “For the rest of my life, I will ensure that I do not remain silent. I will keep speaking the truth regardless of the cost. I hope you all do the same, for Charlie.”

The individual accused of Charlie’s assassination is currently in police custody as the legal proceedings against the 22-year-old white man continue. If convicted of aggravated murder and Charlie’s shooting death, as alleged by Utah prosecutors, he may face the death penalty.

See also  Diddy Received Standing Ovation From Other Inmates After Verdict, Lawyer Says
TAGGED:AppearanceErikaKirkskipsThreatsVance
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Medical system to get priority for helium Medical system to get priority for helium
Next Article Gunther explains why retiring former WCW star meant more to him than making John Cena tap out Gunther explains why retiring former WCW star meant more to him than making John Cena tap out

Popular Posts

Did World Cup permanently change ticket-price politics?

Instances of fans being stranded outside stadiums due to "ghost tickets" sold on resale platforms…

July 25, 2026

Jeffco Public Schools lays off 50 employees

Fifty Jeffco Public Schools Employees to Be Laid Off Due to Budget Cuts Fifty employees…

December 19, 2025

Emmy-Winner Susan Lucci Talks About Her Heart Disease Experience

Susan Lucci, best known for her role as Erica Kane on the long-running soap opera…

February 28, 2026

What We Love This Summer: Cocktails, Cowgirl Boots and More

Memorial Day Weekend is finally here, marking the official start of summer. As you gear…

May 23, 2025

Palliative Care Physician Explains Living And Dying With ALS

Actor Eric Dane’s recent passing from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) has brought the realities of…

February 26, 2026

You Might Also Like

Rosie O’Donnell Hosts ‘Kimmel,’ Slams Trump as ‘Mango Mussolini’
Entertainment

Rosie O’Donnell Hosts ‘Kimmel,’ Slams Trump as ‘Mango Mussolini’

August 18, 2026
I Found My 64-Year-Old Mom the Perfect Pre-Fall Amazon Finds
Entertainment

I Found My 64-Year-Old Mom the Perfect Pre-Fall Amazon Finds

August 17, 2026
Chris Carter Explains How He Got a Second Shot at ‘The X Files’ Film
Entertainment

Chris Carter Explains How He Got a Second Shot at ‘The X Files’ Film

August 17, 2026
How Carlos Rodon’s Family Bonded With Kyle, Samantha Busch
Entertainment

How Carlos Rodon’s Family Bonded With Kyle, Samantha Busch

August 17, 2026
logo logo
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


Explore global affairs, political insights, and linguistic origins. Stay informed with our comprehensive coverage of world news, politics, and Lifestyle.

Top Categories
  • Crime
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • Tech and Science
Usefull Links
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA

© 2024 americanfocus.online –  All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?