Thursday, 21 May 2026
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA
logo logo
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
  • 🔥
  • Trump
  • House
  • ScienceAlert
  • White
  • VIDEO
  • man
  • Trumps
  • Season
  • star
  • Years
Font ResizerAa
American FocusAmerican Focus
Search
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
Follow US
© 2024 americanfocus.online – All Rights Reserved.
American Focus > Blog > World News > After Court Order, Elon Musk’s X Goes Offline Again In Brazil
World News

After Court Order, Elon Musk’s X Goes Offline Again In Brazil

Last updated: September 19, 2024 6:23 pm
Share
After Court Order, Elon Musk’s X Goes Offline Again In Brazil
SHARE

X said the return of its service was “inadvertent and temporary.”

Brasilia:

Elon Musk’s X social media platform went back offline in Brazil Thursday, a day after it resumed service in contravention of a judicial ban, internet providers said.

Brazil’s Supreme Court had earlier in the day ordered X to suspend access to the platform, finding the company had “unlawfully, persistently and intentionally” flouted judicial rulings and would risk a daily fine of more than $900,000 for non-compliance.

The former Twitter was banned last month in Latin America’s largest nation, but access to the phone app returned Wednesday in what the government slammed as a deliberate violation of the suspension.

X said the return of its service was “inadvertent and temporary.”

On Thursday, the ABRINT association of internet providers said the network went offline again “just before 4:00 pm” local time, and was once again “blocked.”

Judge Alexandre de Moraes in a court order Thursday called X “recalcitrant” and ordered state telecommunications agency Anatel to take the necessary measures to once again block access to the network.

The high-profile judge has been engaged in a long feud with South African-born billionaire Musk as part of his drive to crack down on disinformation in Brazil.

His suspension of X last month came after Musk refused to remove dozens of right-wing accounts accused of spreading fake news, and then failed to name a new legal representative in the country as ordered.

– Musk assets frozen –

The suspension infuriated Musk and the far-right, and has fueled a fierce debate on freedom of expression and the limits of social networks, both inside and outside the country.

See also  Donald Trump Pressures The Supreme Court Ahead Of Tariff Ruling

The social media platform had more than 22 million users in Brazil.

Moraes has also frozen the assets of X and Musk’s satellite internet operator Starlink — which has been operating in Brazil since 2022, especially in remote communities in the Amazon — to ensure payment of fines imposed on the social network for flouting court orders.

Last week, Moraes ordered the transfer of about $3 million from Musk’s companies to pay fines incurred by X.

Musk has repeatedly hit out at Moraes in social media posts, calling him an “evil dictator” and dubbing him “Voldemort” after the villain from the “Harry Potter” series.

Internet providers explained that X became accessible again Wednesday after an automatic update to the phone application.

New software allowed the app to use constantly changing identifying IP addresses via a service called Cloudflare, making it harder to block.

ABRINT said Thursday that X had now stopped using Cloudflare.

While X said the restoration of service was unintentional, Anatel said the company had acted with “deliberate intention” to skirt the Supreme Court order.

Anatel said Thursday it had “identified a mechanism which, we hope” will block the service again.

When banning X, Moraes also ruled that those using “technological subterfuges” such as virtual private networks (VPNs) to access the blocked site could be fined up to $9,000.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

TAGGED:BrazilcourtElonMusksOfflineOrder
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article “Ramiz Raja dropped him” – Moin Khan blames ex-PCB chairman for Azam Khan’s absence from 2021 T20 World Cup squad “Ramiz Raja dropped him” – Moin Khan blames ex-PCB chairman for Azam Khan’s absence from 2021 T20 World Cup squad
Next Article Who Is Dave Grohl’s Wife Jordyn Blum? Meet The Rocker’s Family Who Is Dave Grohl’s Wife Jordyn Blum? Meet The Rocker’s Family
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Popular Posts

How ‘The Studio’ Composer Created ‘Wall-to-Wall’ Music After ‘Birdman’

Antonio Sanchez, the acclaimed composer known for his work on the award-winning film "Birdman," recently…

May 21, 2025

Democrats move forward with new 2028 calendar

Democrats Tackle Early Voting Spots for 2028 Presidential Primary The Democratic Party is gradually advancing…

October 29, 2025

FDA cancels vaccine advisory committee meeting

The Food and Drug Administration made the decision to cancel an upcoming vaccine advisory committee…

February 26, 2025

Karen Read Crime Scene Photos Revisited as Retrial Intensifies

Karen Read is currently facing a retrial for the murder of her boyfriend John O'Keefe,…

May 8, 2025

CDC ACIP panel tables vote on changing hepatitis B vaccine schedule

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice, a key government advisory committee, recently made a decision…

September 20, 2025

You Might Also Like

Killer driver who pleaded guilty to DUI hit and run of two Ole Miss students released from prison 9 years early
World News

Killer driver who pleaded guilty to DUI hit and run of two Ole Miss students released from prison 9 years early

May 21, 2026
In pitch to voters, Susan Collins touts funds for Maine, Senate seniority : NPR
World News

In pitch to voters, Susan Collins touts funds for Maine, Senate seniority : NPR

May 21, 2026
Woman Who Died After Falling In NYC Manhole ID’d
World News

Woman Who Died After Falling In NYC Manhole ID’d

May 21, 2026
Bruce Springsteen jabs Trump, Paramount on Stephen Colbert’s second-to-last ‘Late Show’
World News

Bruce Springsteen jabs Trump, Paramount on Stephen Colbert’s second-to-last ‘Late Show’

May 20, 2026
logo logo
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


Explore global affairs, political insights, and linguistic origins. Stay informed with our comprehensive coverage of world news, politics, and Lifestyle.

Top Categories
  • Crime
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • Tech and Science
Usefull Links
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA

© 2024 americanfocus.online –  All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?