Wednesday, 20 May 2026
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA
logo logo
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
  • 🔥
  • Trump
  • House
  • ScienceAlert
  • White
  • VIDEO
  • man
  • Trumps
  • Season
  • star
  • Years
Font ResizerAa
American FocusAmerican Focus
Search
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
Follow US
© 2024 americanfocus.online – All Rights Reserved.
American Focus > Blog > World News > Defense Department is reviewing boat strike video for possible release, Hegseth says : NPR
World News

Defense Department is reviewing boat strike video for possible release, Hegseth says : NPR

Last updated: December 7, 2025 12:16 pm
Share
Defense Department is reviewing boat strike video for possible release, Hegseth says : NPR
SHARE



Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth speaks at the Reagan National Defense Forum at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, on Saturday.

Caylo Seals/Getty Images North America


hide caption

toggle caption

Caylo Seals/Getty Images North America

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth stated that the Defense Department is currently reviewing the video footage of the September 2 strikes on an alleged drug boat off the coast of Venezuela to determine if it will be made public.

The September 2 attack and the decision-making process leading up to it have faced increased scrutiny from lawmakers, with calls for the release of the footage. Hegseth emphasized the need for national security officials to assess whether disclosing the video could jeopardize ongoing operations.

Pete Hegseth mentioned during his appearance at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California that the decision to release the video would require careful consideration due to the ongoing nature of the operations.

President Trump previously expressed his willingness to release the full video, although he admitted to being unsure of its contents.

Criticism from lawmakers has centered around the administration’s actions in conducting boat strikes in the Caribbean without Congressional approval. The second strike on crew members surviving the initial attack on September 2 raised concerns about the administration’s handling of the situation. Hegseth confirmed authorizing the first strike, with military commander Adm. Frank M. Bradley approving the second strike.

See also  RINO Rep. Don Bacon Calls for Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth to be Fired |

Connecticut Rep. Jim Himes, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, emphasized the importance of transparency in showcasing the administration’s efforts to combat drug trafficking.

Himes highlighted the need for the public to witness the impact of U.S. military force in such situations to better understand the government’s actions.

Senator John Curtis of Utah advocated for transparency in the decision to release the video footage, emphasizing the importance of providing factual information to the public.

Curtis stressed the role of transparency in rebuilding trust in the government and allowing citizens to make informed decisions.

The Trump administration’s military campaign against drug-trafficking boats in the Caribbean has faced continued defense from officials like Hegseth.

Hegseth reaffirmed President Trump’s commitment to taking decisive military action to protect the nation’s interests, ensuring that no country doubts the resolve of the United States.

TAGGED:BoatdefenseDepartmentHegsethNPRReleaseReviewingStrikeVIDEO
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Eugenie Bouchard dons leopard-print bikini as she enjoys dreamy boat getaway with her ‘hot friend’ Eugenie Bouchard dons leopard-print bikini as she enjoys dreamy boat getaway with her ‘hot friend’
Next Article X deactivates European Commission’s ad account after the company was fined €120M X deactivates European Commission’s ad account after the company was fined €120M
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Popular Posts

Husband of missing mom Lynette Hooker in ‘extremely fragile state’ as cops must make major decision today

The husband of missing American mother Lynette Hooker is in an "extremely fragile state" while…

April 13, 2026

Zohran Mamdani slammed by high-profile NY rabbi over lack of ‘regret’ on anti-Israel and police views: ‘Failed miserably’

The moment for atonement has arrived. Rabbi Marc Schneier, a notable leader within the New…

September 22, 2025

Match to pay $14M to the FTC due to false advertising and other deceptive practices

Match Group Settles FTC Lawsuit for $14 Million Over Deceptive Practices In a significant development,…

August 12, 2025

‘Sex scandal’ a possible motive for small-town sheriff accused of slaying judge: cops

The recent tragic murder of Kentucky judge Kevin Mullins, allegedly at the hands of his…

September 29, 2024

Meet The Editor with Julia Hobbs, British Vogue’s Fashion Features Director

📲VIRTUAL EVENT: Meet The Editor with Julia Hobbs Date: Wednesday, May 21 Time: 12pm ET/5pm…

May 15, 2025

You Might Also Like

Nithya Raman faces growing criticism as residents and political allies question her leadership
World News

Nithya Raman faces growing criticism as residents and political allies question her leadership

May 20, 2026
Indiana woman, Anita Grayson, 75, dead after video catches fighting Tim Hortons manager
Crime

Indiana woman, Anita Grayson, 75, dead after video catches fighting Tim Hortons manager

May 20, 2026
‘Ask YouTube’ brings AI-powered conversational search to video, adds Gemini Omni to Shorts
Tech and Science

‘Ask YouTube’ brings AI-powered conversational search to video, adds Gemini Omni to Shorts

May 20, 2026
Baby’s body found on Marlborough road
World News

Baby’s body found on Marlborough road

May 19, 2026
logo logo
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


Explore global affairs, political insights, and linguistic origins. Stay informed with our comprehensive coverage of world news, politics, and Lifestyle.

Top Categories
  • Crime
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • Tech and Science
Usefull Links
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA

© 2024 americanfocus.online –  All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?