Sunday, 23 Aug 2026
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA
logo logo
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
  • 🔥
  • Trump
  • House
  • White
  • ScienceAlert
  • VIDEO
  • man
  • Trumps
  • Season
  • star
  • Years
Font ResizerAa
American FocusAmerican Focus
Search
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
Follow US
© 2024 americanfocus.online – All Rights Reserved.
American Focus > Blog > Crime > Man says he was kidnapped, shot in alley — but no one called 911, and ShotSpotter was removed
Crime

Man says he was kidnapped, shot in alley — but no one called 911, and ShotSpotter was removed

Last updated: July 27, 2025 4:30 am
Share
Man says he was kidnapped, shot in alley — but no one called 911, and ShotSpotter was removed
SHARE

18-Year-Old Man Found Critically Wounded in Burnside Alley Claims Kidnapping and Shooting

An 18-year-old man was discovered critically wounded in a Burnside alley on Friday afternoon. He claimed that he had been kidnapped, taken to the scene, and shot. However, the delay in his discovery was attributed to the lack of 911 calls reporting gunfire and the removal of the area’s gunshot detection system by Mayor Brandon Johnson in September.

Chicago police received a call about a “person down” behind the 9000 block of South University Avenue at approximately 3:44 p.m. Upon arrival, they found the man with a gunshot wound to his left thigh. He was rushed to the University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition.

Initial reports indicated that the victim informed those who found him that he was forced into a black Dodge Charger, driven to the alley, and shot. Police officers found blood spatter in a nearby gangway, supporting his account.

Surprisingly, no reports of gunfire were made to 911. The ShotSpotter gunshot detection system, which used to cover the area, was dismantled following Mayor Johnson’s directive last year.

The incident took place in Ald. Michelle Harris’s 8th Ward. Despite her usual alignment with the mayor, Harris, along with most City Council members, advocated for the retention of ShotSpotter.

“Recently, I had a shooting in my ward. The police responded within minutes because of ShotSpotter,” Harris stated in September, emphasizing the system’s effectiveness when no 911 calls were made. “All my police commanders support it.”

In addition to a majority of aldermen, CPD Supt. Larry Snelling, and 70% of Chicago residents, supported the continuation of ShotSpotter.

See also  Robbers pose as friendly strangers—then attack victims in River North, CPD warns

The End of ShotSpotter in Chicago

As of September 23, 2024, Chicago ceased its utilization of ShotSpotter, a technology deployed in 12 of the city’s most violence-affected neighborhoods. The system could pinpoint suspected gunfire locations to specific addresses, alleys, sidewalks, or building sides.

Despite appeals from a majority of aldermen, residents, victims’ advocates, and even the police superintendent, Mayor Brandon Johnson stood firm in his decision to dismantle ShotSpotter.

CWBChicago keeps track of instances where individuals have been found shot in areas previously covered by ShotSpotter. These cases highlight situations where the system, if still operational, could have facilitated a quicker and more accurate response, especially in scenarios where no 911 calls were made or provided vague information about the shooting location.

Editor’s note: Case #13 was removed from this list on May 21, 2025, following the Cook County Medical Examiner’s determination that the individual died by suicide from a fall.

For exclusive original reporting, support our work by clicking here.

TAGGED:AlleyCalledkidnappedmanremovedshotShotSpotter
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article I’m ‘medically retired’ at 54 — what can I do to stretch my savings now that my whole timeline’s been tossed out? I’m ‘medically retired’ at 54 — what can I do to stretch my savings now that my whole timeline’s been tossed out?
Next Article Winnie Harlow Sexy Shots To Kick Off Her 31st Bday! Winnie Harlow Sexy Shots To Kick Off Her 31st Bday!
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Popular Posts

Everything Amy Duggar’s New Book Reveals About Cousin Josh Duggar

Amy Duggar King has opened up about her relationship with her cousin Josh Duggar —…

October 15, 2025

Gene Therapy Could End Lifelong Transfusions For Rare Blood Disorder

A groundbreaking one-time gene therapy has the potential to liberate individuals suffering from α-thalassemia, a…

September 25, 2025

‘The Bachelorette’: What Happened to These Suitors After the Final Rose?

The world of reality TV dating shows has captivated audiences for years, with one of…

December 20, 2024

‘I’m Still Here’ Sweeps Honors in Madrid

The 12th edition of the Premios Platino, Ibero-America’s most prestigious awards event, was a night…

April 28, 2025

First Lady Melania Trump Honors America’s Next Generation of Top AI Talent at Historic Presidential AI Challenge Awards Ceremony – The White House

"Today is about opening doors," stated First Lady Melania Trump. "When new doors open, passions…

June 9, 2026

You Might Also Like

Man with 32 pounds of pot in luggage at O’Hare tells cops, ‘Kid you not, I had no idea there was that much there’
Crime

Man with 32 pounds of pot in luggage at O’Hare tells cops, ‘Kid you not, I had no idea there was that much there’

August 22, 2026
California Dem making 7K faces HR complaints over ‘small penis’ stunt
Crime

California Dem making $207K faces HR complaints over ‘small penis’ stunt

August 22, 2026
Joliet man convicted in 2018 killing sold gun, fentanyl to undercover ATF agents: feds
Crime

Joliet man convicted in 2018 killing sold gun, fentanyl to undercover ATF agents: feds

August 21, 2026
Florida teacher Heather Mashburn-Smith shows cops where she had sex with underage student in classroom
Crime

Florida teacher Heather Mashburn-Smith shows cops where she had sex with underage student in classroom

August 21, 2026
logo logo
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


Explore global affairs, political insights, and linguistic origins. Stay informed with our comprehensive coverage of world news, politics, and Lifestyle.

Top Categories
  • Crime
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • Tech and Science
Usefull Links
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA

© 2024 americanfocus.online –  All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?