Thursday, 21 May 2026
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA
logo logo
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
  • 🔥
  • Trump
  • House
  • ScienceAlert
  • White
  • VIDEO
  • man
  • Trumps
  • Season
  • star
  • Years
Font ResizerAa
American FocusAmerican Focus
Search
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
Follow US
© 2024 americanfocus.online – All Rights Reserved.
American Focus > Blog > Politics > Hegseth says he won’t withdraw as he struggles as Trump’s Defense pick
Politics

Hegseth says he won’t withdraw as he struggles as Trump’s Defense pick

Last updated: December 5, 2024 4:39 pm
Share
Hegseth says he won’t withdraw as he struggles as Trump’s Defense pick
SHARE

Pete Hegseth’s bid to become Donald Trump’s pick for secretary of Defense has been met with mixed reactions from lawmakers and the public. Despite facing allegations of misconduct, Hegseth has been actively trying to garner support for his nomination.

Throughout the week, Hegseth has been meeting with senators in an effort to secure their backing. However, his efforts have been overshadowed by the skepticism of key Republicans like Sen. Joni Ernst, who remains unconvinced of his suitability for the role. Ernst, along with other skeptical Republicans, could potentially derail Hegseth’s confirmation.

Despite the challenges he faces, Hegseth remains determined to see his nomination through. He has vehemently denied the allegations against him, including accusations of sexual assault and financial mismanagement. Hegseth has also addressed concerns about his past drinking habits, stating that he has since changed and now relies on his faith, family, and wife for support.

While some Republicans have expressed support for Hegseth, others remain unconvinced. Without the backing of key senators like Ernst, Hegseth’s confirmation hangs in the balance. As he continues to navigate the confirmation process, Hegseth remains steadfast in his commitment to serving his country and standing by the former president’s side.

As the controversy surrounding Hegseth’s nomination continues to unfold, it remains to be seen whether he will ultimately secure the support needed to become the next secretary of Defense. Only time will tell whether Hegseth’s redemption story will be enough to sway the Senate and secure his place in the Trump administration.

See also  Republican Agenda Struggles To Get Off The Ground In Congress
TAGGED:defenseHegsethpickStrugglesTrumpswithdrawWont
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Android Phone Owners, Get Ready For This Brilliant Free Upgrade Android Phone Owners, Get Ready For This Brilliant Free Upgrade
Next Article UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson’s suspected killer arrived in NYC last month on bus that left from Atlanta: sources UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson’s suspected killer arrived in NYC last month on bus that left from Atlanta: sources
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Popular Posts

Dave Franco on Smoking With Bryan Cranston in ‘The Studio’ Finale

The Season 1 finale of “The Studio” on Apple TV+ left fans reeling with its…

May 21, 2025

Trump promises ‘across the board pay raises’ for US military during Navy’s 250th birthday celebration

On Sunday, President Trump declared "across the board pay raises" for American service members while…

October 5, 2025

Mask-wearing biker unleashes bear spray during NYC subway clash

A chaotic scene unfolded late Sunday night on a crowded Manhattan train car when a…

August 5, 2025

Brian Cox look-a-like flashes gun at much-younger straphanger who felt sick on board NYC train

Is this man more ruthless than Logan Roy? A subway passenger, resembling "Succession" star Brian…

May 13, 2026

Travis Kelce Breaks Silence on Heated Exchanges With Andy Reid

Travis Kelce is stepping up to clarify some questionable sideline exchanges with Kansas City Chiefs…

September 28, 2025

You Might Also Like

Absent congressmember Tom Kean Jr. starts working the phone
Politics

Absent congressmember Tom Kean Jr. starts working the phone

May 21, 2026
Albany reels in ICE
Politics

Albany reels in ICE

May 21, 2026
Democrats Pounce As Senate Republicans Melt Down
Politics

Democrats Pounce As Senate Republicans Melt Down

May 21, 2026
The DNC’s 2024 autopsy is out — and the Democratic pile-on has begun
Politics

The DNC’s 2024 autopsy is out — and the Democratic pile-on has begun

May 21, 2026
logo logo
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


Explore global affairs, political insights, and linguistic origins. Stay informed with our comprehensive coverage of world news, politics, and Lifestyle.

Top Categories
  • Crime
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • Tech and Science
Usefull Links
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA

© 2024 americanfocus.online –  All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?