Wednesday, 20 May 2026
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA
logo logo
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
  • 🔥
  • Trump
  • House
  • ScienceAlert
  • White
  • VIDEO
  • man
  • Trumps
  • Season
  • star
  • Years
Font ResizerAa
American FocusAmerican Focus
Search
  • World
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Tech & Science
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • More
    • Education
    • Celebrities
    • Culture and Arts
    • Environment
    • Health and Wellness
    • Lifestyle
Follow US
© 2024 americanfocus.online – All Rights Reserved.
American Focus > Blog > Crime > Mother-of-two snatched by homeless and dragged into tent at dangerous camp outside elementary school
Crime

Mother-of-two snatched by homeless and dragged into tent at dangerous camp outside elementary school

Last updated: April 9, 2026 9:20 pm
Share
Mother-of-two snatched by homeless and dragged into tent at dangerous camp outside elementary school
SHARE

Parents have voiced concerns about a hazardous homeless encampment near an elementary school in South Los Angeles. This alarm followed reports of a mother being forcibly taken off the street by a homeless individual and dragged into a tent.

Karen Gutierrez highlighted the dire conditions faced by mothers and their children due to the encampment’s closeness to 61st Street Elementary School.

Gutierrez shared with Fox 11 that a parent with two children was once grabbed by a homeless person and taken into a tent. She added that city officials have not implemented any long-term solutions to address the issue.

Parents and residents reported that children must avoid walking through the daily mess.

The school, part of the Los Angeles Unified School District, is situated about a block from the 110 Freeway underpass, where homeless camps frequently appear.

Gutierrez detailed some of the disturbing things children encounter on their way to school, including drug paraphernalia and used condoms.

“There are many broken pipes and large used condoms,” Gutierrez told Fox 11.

The homeless encampment is just a block from the South LA elementary school.

Another local resident described the conditions as entirely unsafe.

“People engage in sexual activities in their cars, and afterward, they discard used condoms on the sidewalks and streets. This is right where children walk to and from school,” Omar Ramos explained.

Ramos mentioned contacting the city for cleanup efforts, but the encampment reappears soon after.

Residents said they have contacted the city for assistance, but no long-term solution has been implemented.

“I’ve been in discussions with Council District 9 and the school since 2021 to find lasting solutions. Their solution so far? None,” Ramos stated.

Gutierrez added, “They come back within an hour. Some just wait for cleanup and return. That’s how severe the situation is.”

Images reveal the unsanitary conditions just a block from the school.

District 9’s Councilmember Curren Price Jr.’s office informed The Post that it has been actively addressing the issue through frequent cleanups but acknowledged that the encampment often returns immediately.

See also  Depraved NYC mom busted for keeping 14-year-old twin sons under house arrest, starving them for 9 years

“We are implementing additional measures for lasting relief. Our office plans to introduce a 41.18 motion to protect the area around the school and is moving forward with installing surveillance cameras to prevent illegal dumping and hold offenders accountable,” the statement read.

“These efforts are already underway, and we are dedicated to ensuring ongoing improvements for a safer, cleaner environment for the entire Council District 9 community.”

A representative for Los Angeles Unified School District told The Post, “keeping students safe is our highest priority.”

“We understand and share our families’ concerns regarding these issues affecting the larger community,” the statement noted. “Although Los Angeles Unified does not control the sidewalks outside our schools, we are collaborating closely with city partners to advocate for improvements.”


Download The California Post App, follow us on social, and subscribe to our newsletters

California Post News: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, YouTube, WhatsApp, LinkedIn
California Post Sports Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, X
California Post Opinion
California Post Newsletters: Sign up here!
California Post App: Download here!
Home delivery: Sign up here!
Page Six Hollywood: Sign up here!


TAGGED:campDangerousdraggedElementaryhomelessMotheroftwoSchoolSnatchedTent
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Autoimmune field buoyed by successes with CAR-T treatments Autoimmune field buoyed by successes with CAR-T treatments
Next Article Meet The Met’s New Photography Curator Meet The Met’s New Photography Curator

Popular Posts

An Honest Review of Thermage FLX For Skin-Tightening and Collagen

Thermage FLX is a popular non-invasive skin tightening treatment that uses radiofrequency technology to stimulate…

July 5, 2025

All collectible locations in Doom The Dark Ages Chapter 10 (The Forsaken Plains)

In Doom The Dark Ages Chapter 10, titled The Forsaken Plains, players can find four…

May 16, 2025

The dark truth behind supermarket tuna

The issue of human rights abuses in the fishing industry has been brought to light…

November 20, 2025

Resilience, a Private Japanese Spacecraft, Crash-Landed on the Moon

A Japanese spacecraft has recently crash-landed on the Moon, marking the second unsuccessful landing attempt…

June 6, 2025

The iPhone 17e Feels Like a Plate of Warmed-up Leftovers

The latest addition to the iPhone lineup, the iPhone 17e, has finally been unveiled. Anticipation…

March 2, 2026

You Might Also Like

Jimmy O. Yang to Narrate ‘Panda School’ Doc for Beach House Pictures
Entertainment

Jimmy O. Yang to Narrate ‘Panda School’ Doc for Beach House Pictures

May 20, 2026
Indiana woman, Anita Grayson, 75, dead after video catches fighting Tim Hortons manager
Crime

Indiana woman, Anita Grayson, 75, dead after video catches fighting Tim Hortons manager

May 20, 2026
Smoking a cannabis cigar at a Red Line stop led to a gun arrest — but one of the county’s most lenient judges let him out on an ankle monitor
Crime

Smoking a cannabis cigar at a Red Line stop led to a gun arrest — but one of the county’s most lenient judges let him out on an ankle monitor

May 19, 2026
Arizona mom Ochra Manakaja allegedly killed infant son
Crime

Arizona mom Ochra Manakaja allegedly killed infant son

May 19, 2026
logo logo
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


Explore global affairs, political insights, and linguistic origins. Stay informed with our comprehensive coverage of world news, politics, and Lifestyle.

Top Categories
  • Crime
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • Tech and Science
Usefull Links
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • DMCA

© 2024 americanfocus.online –  All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?